A house on Church Street, Cromarty.
Heritage Society of Scotland
- concerned with the protection, preservation, study and appreciation
of Scottish buildings.
Belmont House, Unst, Shetland
- a key restoration project in the Northern Isles.
Bibliography of the Vernacular Architecture Group
- hosted by the Archaeology Data Service. It comprises over 4600 references from Volumes III and IV of the 'Bibliography of the Vernacular Architecture Group'. Access is FREE.
Built Environment Forum Scotland
- a membership forum for understanding, promoting and influencing the dynamic relationship between the historic environment, new design and sustainable development.
Cumbria Vernacular Buildings Group
- researching and recording examples of Cumbria's vernacular buildings, and increasing enjoyment and understanding of the county's traditional buildings through lectures and events.
Forest Heritage Scotland
- a partnership between Forestry Commission Scotland and the RCAHMS which aims to enhance knowledge and inspire exploration of the heritage sites on the national forest estate.
Defensive gun emplacements, west
The Melville Doocot
- a recent restoration project in Fife.
- is mainly interested in the archaeology of Medieval and Later Rural
Settlement. The website provides some interesting links and up to date
publications with particular relevance to Scotland.
Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland
- the official recording body for Scotland comprising the National Monuments
Record of Scotland.
Local History Forum
- involved with all aspects of local history in Scotland.
Society of Antiquaries of Scotland
- pursuing the study of the antiquities and history of Scotland.
Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings (SPAB in Scotland)
- the largest, oldest and most technically expert national pressure group fighting to save old buildings from decay, demolition and damage.
Stone Roofing Association
- UK wide.
The Vernacular Architecture Group
- studies English and Welsh vernacular building traditions.